We know how difficult it is to plan a stag/hen party and constantly manage the expectations of another 15 – 20 people. Here are some top tips on questions that we get asked every day.
1. Do I need confirmed numbers before I book?
This all depends on your package. The majority of our quotes with state "based on a minimum of 10 people". In this instance you can book initial for 20 people, knowing that if 10 were to drop out, it wouldn't affect the price for anyone else in the group.
Where this differs is when booking Apartments or Single Properties, where your quote will state the exact number of passengers that the price relates to. Should numbers drop at a later date we would attempt to offer alternate accommodation, but where this is impossible it would affect the price.
2. Can I add people to my booking?
After we have confirmed numbers we can still add people to your booking at any stage (prior to your full balance being due) assuming there is availability.
If somebody would like to add on last minute then chances are that the hotel/activities will be full, so the sooner they can let us know the better.
3. When do we have to pay in full?
The final deadline date for payments is always 6 weeks prior to your event date. This is clearly stated at the top of your booking and you will also be sent indiviual reminders.
4. What time do the activities start?
You can decide when your chosen activities commence. However many venues operate on a first come first serve basis subject to availability. Some actives also have fixed times and days which are not flexible.
Time slots can not be guaranteed until a deposit payment has been received. The further in advance you book, the greater flexibility you will have in terms of attending your activities when you wish to.
5. Some of the group can't do the full package - what happens?
That's not a problem. Just let us know what the individuals are doing and we can adjust their price accordingly. Please note if you are doing activities that require minimums and someone no longer wants to partake this will still need to be paid for.
6. Can some of the group stay for one night only?
Providing the accommodation allows this then yes, but we will need to double check. If it is possible we will adjust the package price for the relevant individuals.
Please note that we can’t guarantee that one night stays will be possible if your original booking was not made on this basis.
It's also worth noting a large percentage of accommodation suppliers require a minimum 2 night stay.
7. What do you mean by ‘minimum numbers’?
Some activities require a minimum group size by booking the activity you are agreeing to pay for the stated amount of spaces, even if your group size falls below the minimum - this will then be divided between the group accordingly.
8. What's a damage deposit or security bond?
99% of accommodation providers impose a security bond thats payable the week of arrival or in some cases on the day, the amount will be listed on more info on the activity This is not included in the package price and will be released directly by the provider within 5 working days upon check out - providing there is no damage.
9. How does it work and how are payments made?
It couldn't be easier with our bespoke online booking portal;
1. 1 x £50 deposit to secure the package (from one person) - this will come off your individual balance. Once the booking is confirmed the account will open, here you can add in everyone's name and emails so they can manage their own payments - no need to collect money here phew!
2. £20pp from the rest of the group 2 weeks later to confirm numbers - again this will come off your individual balances.
3. The final balance is due 6 weeks prior, you can pay as and when you like via your online account until the final deadline.
10. How long is my quote valid for?
Quotes and prices are sent based on availability/pricing at that time.
Availability can change at any time and nothing is secured until the initial £50 deposit has been paid.
11. Is My Money Protected?
Yes, this is a legal requirement. Hangover Weekends use PTS (Protected Trust services) to protect your money. All payments made are held in a Trust account until your booking has been fulfilled.
This is always worth checking as many companies operate illegally - this is a legal requirement!
12. I’m booking for next year so is there any rush?
Simply, Yes. All major cities are bursting with events on weekends, whether it be football matches, concerts, horse racing, golf events, and conferences to name a few. Therefore we can see availability on hotels run out even 12 months in advance. The sooner you can reserve your package, the more choice of accommodation, activities and timings for each event that you will have.